Tuesday, June 05, 2007

This is a tad belated i know, but in response to the feedback i received during the presentation, i have come to realise that i was neglecting the perception and involvement of the spectator in some way by enforcing my own aesthetic, my own gear, my own mess onto them. This was a removal from my original intentions of something which was open to transformation and outside embellishment. Not just my own remnants of time and place being mapped out but rather incorporating the traces and debris of the exchanges along the way. A point of reference has been Sontag's ideas of travel as accumulation.
I am also very conscious of how the work is communicating the theory to the audience. The arguably tentative and patchy explorations of last term led to incoherency and puzzlement. Rather than getting confused in the revelry and mischief, which i nonetheless believe to be an important means of communication, i want the spectator to draw something out and engage with some of the debates informing the work.

No comments: