Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Backyard Bazaar






I managed to drag my sorry self out of bed early sunday morning, pack me suitcase full of dodgy merch and trug on down to Brick Lane to set up a stall for the day. it was the first time thay had had the market in this particular part of Brick lane so was really very quiet compared to the other markets there.

Harking back to a time when something of the individual was retained in production and when a market stall could reflect the pecularity of the person behind it, i set up my miniature display.

I traded a total of three bags (cheers Ming!) and a piece of gold paper torn off my display. I also managed to swap one bag for 2 pairs of wiKKed earrings!!! This was actually fairly successfull as by 3pm some of us hadn't sold a bean AND I met lots of intriguing market peeps..well worth losing my voice for.

No comments: